The Climate Change and Sustainability Plan was developed as part of Orange County’s commitment to the Cities for Climate Protection® Campaign. The campaign was formed as part of a partnership between the County and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability. Orange County as well as over 230 local governments from the United Sates has committed to follow ICLEI’s Cities for Climate Protection five key milestones. These milestones will enable Orange County to evaluate and implement measures to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases.
The five milestones are:
- Conduct an Emission Analysis
- Establish a Reduction Target
- Develop a Climate Action Plan
- Implement the Climate Action Plan
- Monitor Progress and Report Results